Monday, December 18, 2006

free form?

I am only weeks away from having dreadlocks for a year. I don't know when I will have new pics. Without a digital camera, it costs me about $17.00 to get film developed. And I am trying to save, save, save & pay off debt so....I will try to have clear pictures by February/March.

I'm sick of something. Very sick of something. When I got a seasonal retail position, I hid my dreads under a wig. How lame is that? I will admit that if my locks could be put up (in a pony tail etc), I wouldn't hide it. My hair is long enough but like before I had dreads, my hair is simply too thick to do much of anything with it. Pre-dreadlocks, I never could do anything with my hair. Now I am in the same position. I think I' going to play around with it a bit. Maybe I can try two pony tails? Don't laugh.

The wig thing can't continue because my hair is so freaking thick that is probably obvious that I have a lot of hair under it. LOL. And I feel like I am ashamed of my hair when I'm NOT. I just worry about other people's perceptions. I wish I could say "Screw it!" but a convicted felon has a better chance getting a job than me(long story involving me having a hidden disability)...Beggars can't be choosers. So what do I do? I just can't wait until my hair is long enough to wear back. I hope I don't have to wait a whole year for that.

Yes, I am also thinking about partly free forming. My next wash is going to be on New Year's Eve. I am thinking about not palm rolling afterwards. Just wash and go. This is due to how long it takes to palm roll and wash. The whole process (including drying) takes about 4 hours! I am not exactly looking forward to that over the holiday...Anyway, I am thinking of only palm rolling/twisting once every 60 days instead of once every 30 like I do now.

Right now I'm just conflicted over the whole wearing a wig thing. ::sigh::

No comments: