As I have said before, I'm not really attached to my dreads so this isn't a huge decision for me. I can start them all over again. This morning I succeeded in actually doing a two strand twist on the one piece of 'free' hair I have.
I have about 1-2 inches of new growth so when I cut my hair off, I will have enough to do twists. Yay!
I have decided to do this for a few reasons:
- My hair is getting too long. I have no desire for long dreads down my back. If I were better at styling them myself, maybe I would keep them. But I suck at it so...
- It might be nice to have free hair again. Right now I'm leaning towards twists and twist outs. I hope I can do my whole head on my own because I have zero interest in going to a salon on a regular basis.
- I currently live with a dog who sheds white hair like crazy. It is a battle to keep that crap out of my hair. She never stops shedding. The longer my hair gets, the harder it is to keep her hair away.
Nerdland, say what! You have to watch her show on MSNBC (10AM EST on Sat and Sun) to get that reference. Anyway, I'm in love with her show...and her hair. I know my hair won't look like that but I just gotta try it. :) I've seen countless pics of people with beautiful twists but for some reason it just clicked when I kept watching her show PLUS all the things going on in my life. It was perfect timing.
I will post pics as soon as I do the big cut. I will also keep posting here.



No comments:
Post a Comment