Tuesday, March 21, 2006

No doubling back

It looks like my hair had a growth spurt overnight. It will probably shrink back after a few days. My hair is finally starting to lock. I guess I‘m stuck with this style for a while. Heh.

Obviously I don’t have much to say about my hair these days. So I will just go over my salon routine. It only takes two hours. First I get my scalp messaged. Then I get my hair washed. He uses leave in conditioner for now. He will start using regular conditioner when my hair (fully?) locks. After the wash it is time for the re-twist. He twists and then puts a clip on the end of each twist. Then off to the dryer I go. I know some people have issues with sitting under the dryer. I used to be anti-dryer when I had straight and nappy hair. I didn’t like what the heat did to my ends. Now it doesn’t bother me. I don’t know how the heat is affecting my ends. So far I don't see any problems. With locks it might not matter as much (to me at least). After the 20-35 minutes under the dryer, he snips some of my ends. All during this process, he is spraying stuff on my hair. I don't know what the product is. This happens once a month. The End.

I updated my hair album with after-the-salon pics. This weekend I will try to take some clearer pictures. I’m going to try different settings on my camera.

No comments: