Friday, August 18, 2006

Soft hair issues

So many things in my life are changing right now. I am trying to deal with doing maintenance on my own hair, check out college programs, making big bucks at flea markets (hopefully) and looking for additional income. Since this is a hair blog, I will focus on hair stuff. There is a possibility I will have a job interview soon. The problem is, I can't wear a wig. The interviewers already know me! So I will look silly wearing a wig or even completely covering my hair. Covering it seems like I'm ashamed of my hair. My hair is going through the teenage phase (7 months as of August 14th). I don't know what to do. Recently I've been wearing it back in a headband even though my hair really isn't long enough for that.

I've been doing a lot of dreadlocks research. I have spent hours reading about how other people are tightening their own locks. I learned two major things:

1. My hair will always be frizzy. Apparently people with soft hair always have a frizz issue. 2. Everyone's hair is different. I know that seems obvious but so many swear on rinsing their hair daily and I know my hair could not withstand that. Many people raved about it on one messageboard. Only two people (probably people with soft hair like me) said their locks would disappear if they washed it everyday. My hair would turn into an afro if I did that. I would love to be able to rinse my hair this weekend but the roots are already so loose...


Anybody out there at seven months locked with really soft (cotton like) hair? LOL I could use your input. Obviously I didn't palm roll the back enough. ::sigh:: I miss my ex-stylist. If I had the money, I would get someone to twist my hair next month. Tomorrow I will browse a hair shop and I may buy some recommended products. I'm trying to keep it simple. I already have the shampoo. Now I just need something alcohol free to oil my hair with. What I'm using now has all this bad junk in it. And I am reconsidering using something to palm roll with. Maybe water just doesn't cut it? People have recommended Fruit Of The Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel and/or Waterbase Gel Pomade

One day I'm going to look back at these entries and laugh at how neurotic I am being about my hair. I cannot wait for that day.

No comments: