Saturday, February 11, 2006

Operation flake patrol

I asked my mom about my flakes again. (cuckoo!) This time we were in a place with bright lighting. I knew that if she couldn’t see flakes there then the chances of anyone seeing flakes while I’m work are slim. She said, “I can only see a little bit of flakes because you pointed it out. Otherwise I would never notice it.” She also said someone would have to stare to notice a few flakes near the top of my head. I hope she is right. I have become ultra paranoid about flakes. Obviously. I even covered my hair with a scarf for a whole day last week. I got fed up of wondering about the flakes.

I have finally received my hair products. I got natural hair oil (a mixture of jojoba, sunflower, soy, castor etc.) & braid sheen. I also got sea breeze astringent for my scalp. That is what the owner of the salon told me to use to clean my scalp. Um. I guess she forgot to mention that I have to WASH my hair after using it. At least that is what the bottle says. What happens if I don’t wash after I use it? Build up? Grrr!

I have been looking at other hair albums. Their hair looks a lot better than my hair. It looks like some of them have Sisterlocks but they say they have two strand twists just like me. It is probably due to hair texture. My mom says that my hair probably looks messy because it grows so fast. I don’t know…

2 comments:

CrazyStitcher said...

Good luck.
I was going for traditional locks two years ago, but I guess I got frustrated, cut my hair and started over.
While I was locking though, a great help to me was one of the Dreadlock groups on Yahoo! There was just loads of information out there.

Music-lover said...

Hi,

I can understand the frustration part. I have joined the Yahoo groups. Very helpful. Thanks for the comment!

Kat