Yesterday I was feeling foolish for even thinking about starting dreadlocks. Shouldn’t I wait until I have more confidence? I won’t even try to explain all those feelings now since I no longer feel them. I have a feeling those doubts will come creeping back in. Now I feel silly for even getting so worked up about hair. But hair is important. People are judged by their hair. Hair matters. Getting my first negative comment about my hair yesterday didn‘t help matters. Of course I get negative looks but no one has said anything bad to my face.
I’m going to take more pictures of my hair today or tomorrow. I also have two new hats. I like the back of my hair but I hate the sides. I lay on my side at night so my twists in the front are flat. I want to hide that. I do feel lame for doing it but I gotta do what I gotta do. LOL. I was caught in the rain today. I was told, “Do not get your hair wet!” by the stylists at the salon. I don’t think too much damage was done. I haven’t inspected it yet.
I’m only one week in. I’m just (impatiently) waiting for my hair to lock.
No comments:
Post a Comment