I have found many Sisterlocks blogs but I haven’t seen many blogs about traditional dreadlocks. In my own idealistic way, I hope someone thinking about getting locks will find my blog, read about my experience and then take the plunge! I also think it will be nice to have a record of this major change.
Why did I decide to get dreadlocks?
It seems like I have wanted them forever. I must have seen them on TV when I was really young. I do remember admiring Whoopi Goldberg’s hair but it wasn’t her who made me yearn for them. I always thought I couldn’t get them because I thought I had to be financially stable first. I worried about getting a job. Well here I am today no where near stable. I just got sick of waiting for everything. Waiting until I had money. Waiting until I had confidence. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. I have put off too many things. I got sick of it. So I just did it. I guess I want them because I think they are beautiful. Simple as that.
I brought a can of Olive Oil for my hair. It has vitamin E and it is supposed provide moisture for the hair. I just read a pamphlet I got from the salon. Of course they want me to buy their products. I also found out I am supposed to go to the salon every 2 weeks! I have never done that. I understand why people don’t go to salons. One visit is free and one visit is $55. So as long as I go there I will be paying $55 a month. Not having dreadlocks was much cheaper. Well these salon visits won’t last forever. I will somehow learn how to do all maintenance myself. That is a goal of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment